Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include Your name, age, gender, address, contact details and any information requested and/or provided on Our Website and/or application.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- any additional information relating to You that you provide to Us directly through Our Website or indirectly through Your use of Our Website or app or online presence or through other Websites or accounts from which You permit Us to collect information;
- information You provide to Us through surveys from time to time; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate Your dealings with Us under Our Website.
How do we collect personal information
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from You, or from third parties. We may collect this information when You:
- use or register on Our Website;
- communicate with Us through correspondence, chats, email, or when You share information with Us from other applications, services or Websites; or
- interact with Our Website, Website content or purchase Our Products.
Why do we collect, Use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose Your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable You to access and use Our Website and/or purchase Our Products;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise Our Website and/or users’ experience, such as to perform analytics or conduct research;
- to send You support, information requested by You;
- to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that We may have with any of Our users, and enforce Our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose Your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about You. This third party may combine that information in order to develop anonymised consumer insights so that he/she can better understand Your preferences and interests.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- Our employees solely for the purpose of conducting the Website;
- third party service providers (solely for the operation of Our Website);
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- specific third parties expressly authorised by You to receive information held by Us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We will not sell or rent Your personal information to anyone and will not transfer Your information overseas unless You ask Us to do so.
When We use contractors to perform services, such as disposal of confidential documents, they are required under contract to work according to Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to treat personal information they may see with care and confidentiality.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
When You provide Your personal information to Us, You consent to the disclosure of Your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that We are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about You when You use and access Our Website.
While We do not use browsing information to identify You personally, We may record certain information about Your use of Our Website, such as which pages You visit, the time and date of Your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to Your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on Our Website that help Us track Your Website usage and remember Your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on Your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on Your device to recognise You across different Websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through Your internet browser but Our Websites may not work as intended for You if You do so.
We may hold Your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect Your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect Your personal information. However, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information We hold about You by contacting Us using the information below. Sometimes, We may not be able to provide You with access to all of Your personal information and, where this is the case, We will tell You why. We may also need to verify Your identity when You request Your personal information.
If You think that any personal information We hold about You is inaccurate, please contact Us and We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If You think We have breached the Privacy Act, or You wish to make a complaint about the way We have handled Your personal information, You can contact Us using the details set out below. Please include Your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe Your complaint. We will acknowledge Your complaint and respond to You regarding Your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If You think that We have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, We will provide You with information about the further steps You can take.